Conductor: Warwick Cole
Leader: George Ewart
Cheltenham Chamber Orchestra under the baton of conductor Warwick Cole and with guest mezzo soprano Elisabeth Irvine present a programme including:
- Handel: Water Music Suite in F Major
- Handel: Two arias from Alcina
- Boyce: Symphony No 1
- Handel: Arrival of the Queen of Sheba
- Handel: Aria from Solomon "Will the sun forget to streak"
- Handel: Two arias from Ariodante
- Handel: Concerto Grosso Op 3 No 2
The Cheltenham Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1966 by Laurence Hudson to harness the talents of professional musicians in the area. It has retained its tradition of performing music from the 17th Century to the present day and, through its regular concerts in Pittville Pump Room and St Andrew's Church, Montpellier, has built up an appreciative audience.
PLEASE NOTE: This concert takes place at St Andrew's Church, Montpellier, and not the Playhouse, and all seats are unreserved.
Times & Prices
|Saturday, 2nd March 2019||19:30||Main House||£16||£Free|